Founded in 1985, New Covenant School is a private, non-denominational Christian Pre-K though Grade 5 day school that equips students to follow Jesus and serve in his kingdom by grounding them in Godly wisdom and love and by training them to excel in a life of learning, leadership and service.
This position provides the leadership and execution of New Covenant School’s after-school program. The program operates every day that New Covenant School is in session, from 2:45—6:00 PM each day and offers a safe and educationally meaningful after-school experience for students enrolled at New Covenant School (grades K through 5).
The responsibilities of the Coordinator include:
- Maintain student well being and safety at all times
- Provide enrichment activities, appropriate for the students enrolled, to create engaging and stimulating environment
- Outside time, arts & crafts, games, snack time, large and small group activities
- Implement a quiet homework time and communicate, when necessary with primary classroom teachers concerning homework or study concerns.
- Manage the administrative component of the program
- Communicate with parents and the school office about schedule, student illness, snow days
- Manage daily attendance, including a record of drop-off and pick-up for each student
Strong candidates for this position will demonstrate:
- Clear Christian commitment and character
- Success in working with children from the ages of 5 through 12
- The ability to lead, take initiative and exercise responsibility
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with both children and parents
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Mail or electronically submit a resume, cover letter, two professional references and brief answers to the following questions:
1. Describe your view of Christian education and your commitment to it.
2. What motivates you to work in a Christian school?
Interested candidates should send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Principal, New Covenant School, 9 Westminster Avenue, Arlington MA 02474