Founded in 1985, New Covenant School is a private, non-denominational Christian Pre-K though Grade 5 day school that equips students to follow Jesus and serve in his kingdom by grounding them in Godly wisdom and love and by training them to excel in a life of learning, leadership and service.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
We are looking for an instructional aide who would assist predominantly in a 1/2nd combined class but would also assist in the Kindergarten and be available as a floater as needed. This is a full time position and the most important duties would be to:
- Provide direct instruction of students under direct supervision of teacher.
- Conduct instructional activities assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Assist in classroom management.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials.
- Respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Help supervise students throughout the day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunch and playground duty.
- Participate in staff training programs.
- Participate in faculty meetings and special events.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Mail or electronically submit a resume, cover letter, two professional references and brief answers to the following questions:
1. Describe your view of Christian education and your commitment to it.
2. What motivates you to work in a Christian school?
Interested candidates should send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Principal, New Covenant School, 9 Westminster Avenue, Arlington MA 02474