Preschool Program Coordinator/Lead Teacher
(download pdf) New Covenant School is currently seeking an early childhood educator to provide leadership and direction for our full-day preschool program. The ideal candidate has a personal passion for Christ-centered education and a humble spirit of servant leadership. Preferable background includes prior preschool and staff management and delivering early childhood education programming that engages young children in meaningful, innovative, whole-child learning experiences within indoor and outdoor settings.
Recognizing that New Covenant School is strongly committed to historic Christianity, the candidate must be committed to New Covenant School’s Statement of Faith, building up the body of Christ, and helping accomplish the mission of the school. Our mission is to equip students to follow Jesus and serve in his kingdom by grounding them in Godly wisdom and love and by training them to excel in a life of learning, leadership, and service. Learn more about us at www.newcovschool.org
The NCS Preschool program is a full-day school program with flexible before and after school extended care options. This is a full-time position with supervising and teaching responsibilities. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health benefits are available.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter and (2) references to email@example.com.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Master’s Degree (preferred) in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- EEC Director I or II (preferred) & Preschool Teacher certification.
- Minimum of five years early childhood teaching experience.
- Experience managing an early learning program (preferred).
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Applicant should be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives, and responsibilities not mentioned in this description.
Planning and Supervising
- Manage, evaluate, and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the preschool consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of New Covenant School. (Please see newcovschool.org for more information.)
- Develop curriculum that includes infusion of New Covenant School’s Six Words of Servanthood, outdoor education, play and STEM-based activities, and developmentally appropriate project-based learning.
- Supervise and lead the instructional programs of the preschool, evaluating lesson plans on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Collaborate with NCS Management team to recruit, hire, train, supervise, manage, and evaluate all Preschool staff to operate and maintain a full-day preschool program with before/after school care, school vacation weeks, and June programs.
- Communicate and collaborate with the NCS Administrative Management Team; report to NCS Principal regularly about the needs, successes, and general operation of the preschool.
- Assist with necessary management responsibilities to ensure maximum enrollment and effective cost control of the program.
- Collaborate with NCS Business Manager to design policies forms, and procedures consistent with NCS’ mission and Department of Early Childhood Education guidelines as well as staff and parent handbooks.
- Work with the NCS Director of Advancement to support preschool marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, participation in Open Houses, admissions tours, and the school’s chief fundraising events (Jogathon, NCS Arts Auction, and others).
- Prepare and submit budget requests and recommendations.
- Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school. Conduct and attend all required staff and administrative meetings, as necessary, for the proper functioning of the school.
- Provide activities to facilitate the professional growth and spiritual/faith development of the staff, and to enhance the quality of the instructional program.
- Develop clearly understood procedures and provide regular drills for emergencies and disasters. Ability to handle crisis situations and respond immediately to emergency situations.
- Communicate regularly with parents so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the students in the preschool. Work with the NCS Preschool Parent Association Committee.
- Assist in keeping school campus safe, physically well-kept, and attractive to our students and families.
- Maintains overall professional conduct adhering to the guidelines outlined in the New Covenant School Employee Handbook.
- Ensure that the preschool program is working toward compliance with the requirements of the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
Teaching and Evaluating
- Serve as a Supervising Lead Teacher for children in enrolled in the NCS Preschool Program.
- Provide loving verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children’s behavior.
- Provide teaching support and oversight, as needed, in all preschool programs including designated vacation weeks and the NCS June program.
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions for each position in the School, including, but not limited to, other teaching positions.
- Assess programs based on current research and developmentally appropriate practices.
- Improve and expand the selection of programs and experiences for students and their families.
- Assure compliance with all relevant government regulations and maintain awareness of best practices within the early childhood profession.
- Prepare, conduct and supervise the administration and delivery of Parent/Teacher Conferences.